If you want to get a six pack ab, I’m sure you’re interested in abs diet foods. After all, diet plays an important role in getting the perfect abs. Why? Because your abs, no matter how well you work on them, will not show if they are covered in fat. So fat needs to go.
There are so many diets out today that it takes a long time to choose the one that suits you best. And this trial and error process may leave you worse than you started, in the end. First of all, what you need to know is you should under no circumstances starve yourself! Sure, perhaps you’ll shed a few kilos in record time, but on the long run, you are doing your body a lot of damage. When you starve yourself your body sees this as an emergency situation, it may burn the fat it has “in storage” but it also takes additional measures.
First of all, you’ll notice that you feel weak, you have no energy and get depressed easier than usual. This happens because the balance of your body has been disturbed. But perhaps we could get over these “downsizes” of a strict diet if the result would be a permanent one. Well, it’s not! After being starved, once your body starts receiving the nutrients it wants, it starts to store them faster, preparing for another possible, future “emergency” situation. So, in the end, when you return to your regular eating habits, you’ll gain weight much faster.
So, let’s now focus on abs diet foods. There are some foods that are perfect for six pack abs. They are rich in protein and fibers, which help muscles grow, they contain complex carbs and are low in calories, which means you can create a calorie deficit and burn fat.
• Whole grain – including brown and wild rice, whole grain pasta, wheat, oats and corn. Whole grains are made from both the inside part of the grain, and the outer covering, this means that they are richer in fiber, vitamins and minerals than the refined ones. Whole grains also contain more micronutrients such as folic acid, magnesium and vitamin E, all these are lost during processing.
• Beans and legumes – peas, lentils, soya, lima beans, etc. Beans have significant amounts of fiber, soluble fiber and B vitamins; they are high in protein, iron and complex carbohydrates which help build muscles and lose weight.
• Green vegetables – spinach, broccoli, peppers. They are also rich in fiber and low in calories. They contain vitamins, provitamins, dietary minerals and the good kind of carbohydrates. They can be eaten in a variety of ways, either as part of the main meals or as snacks.
• Dairy products which are fat free or with low fat content – yoghurt, cheese, cottage cheese, low-fat milk. Dairy products are rich in calcium and research shows that people who eat diary during their weight loss diet lose up to three times more weight than those who don’t. Calcium is a major factor in controlling what your body does with calories, scientists say, and without changing the number of calories we take in, dairy products help lose weight. Calcium is also important for the bones. Strong muscles need strong bones to cling to. Just remember to check the label and chose the low-fat products.
• Eggs – protein from eggs is important for people who want to build muscles. It is the most important protein for this purpose and eggs also have vitamin B12, needed to break fat.
• Olive oil – contains the monounsaturated fat, oleic acid, with antioxidants such as vitamin E which offer a lot of health benefits. Olive oil will help you control food cravings too. Go for extra virgin and virgin olive oils, these are the less processed ones.
• Almonds and nuts – sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, etc. Almonds are the best nuts for an abs diet; they are a rich source of vitamin E, and monounsaturated fats, one of the two “good” fats. You can eat up to 24 – 25 almonds a day.
• Lean meats – skinless chicken, turkey breast, some types of fish, such as tuna. These foods are high in protein and good fats and are helpful in a weight loss program. They help deliver vitamins to your body and help produce a hormone that makes muscle grow. Plus, if you include lean meats in your diet, you’re more likely to feel full.
As you can see, abs diet foods are varied, you can select from these types of foods and if you stick to a healthy eating plan (eat 5 times a day, drink plenty of water, never eat less than 2 hours before you go to bed, cut back on fast food and sweets, never go hungry) you have great chances to get a fabulous six pack ab fast.